Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MGteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MGteam Member asked a question 💭
Narragansett, RI
February 18, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members compared their experiences with Mestinon side effects, with several reporting increased phlegm production, reduced appetite leading to... Read more

Members compared their experiences with Mestinon side effects, with several reporting increased phlegm production, reduced appetite leading to noticeable weight loss, and nausea or gastrointestinal distress. Many members described additional symptoms including muscle twitches, tremors in hands and feet, and fatigue from talking, with some noting confusion about whether tremors are caused by myasthenia gravis itself or the medication. A recurring theme was the frustration of managing uncomfortable side effects while seeking clarity from doctors, with practical tips like drinking lemon water and taking Mucinex to help manage mucus buildup.

A MGteam Member

I always had an issue with mucus and take mucinex/guafenesin
But actually it has been worse since taking mestinon/pyridostigmine
I also get a sore throat larynx and tire from talking

February 19, 2024
A MGteam Member

Yes both I been drinking lots of lemon water. The phlegm settles in back of my throat. Nose runs at times. Nausea here lately. Ask Dr. He said if yes all from the meds.

February 18, 2024
A MGteam Member

Not a loss of appetite but definitely a reduced appetite. I have lost 10 pounds the two weeks I have been taking it.

February 18, 2024
A MGteam Member

I get twitches and muscle cramps and sometimes the “shakes”

February 23, 2024
A MGteam Member

I had tremors 2 years before I was diagnosed with MG. My neurologist said it was all in my head. My current neurologist said it is part of MG.

February 21, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MGteam Member asked a question 💭
New Port Richey, FL

A MGteam Member asked a question 💭
Clarkdale, AZ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In